Taking Pride in the creative diversity of the BIMP-EAGA region
A multi-dimensional and multi-disciplinary festival of arts and culture of the ASEAN and the East-Asian Growth Area (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines) that shall be held in Mindanao, Philippines. The event shall also commemorate the fiftieth founding anniversary of the ASEAN.
Cultural masters and artists from the BIMP-EAGA converge in the five (5) day festival of culture and the arts to celebrate the creative diversity of the region. The festival shall:
- Showcase the diversity of creative expressions of the cultural masters and artists from the BIMP-EAGA region;
- Raise public awareness and appreciation on the landscapes and aspirations of peoples of the region;
- Foster understanding and solidarity among the multi-cultural populations of the BIMP-EAGA;
- Mainstream a banner event in Culture-Tourism in Mindanao;
- Locate areas for convergence in expanding people-to-people linkages and exchanges with the BIMP-EAGA
September 20 to 24, 2017
General Santos City and Sarangani Province, Mindanao, Philippines
The Festival shall gather more than three hundred (300) contemporary artists and indigenous cultural masters in a celebration of harmony in diversity. The creative works of cultural masters, artists and cultural practitioners coming from the four countries are simultaneously showcased in various venues (indoor and outdoor) within the City of General Santos and outreach performance-concerts in the Province of Sarangani.