The BIMP EAGA Colloquium on Cultures and History
The Colloquium aims to bring together scholars, researchers, policy makers and cultural workers in the BIMP EAGA to discuss and share experiences on the development of culture and arts, and its governance in the region. It also aims to foster the exchange of ideas about the future of regional cooperation on culture and arts.
Specifically, it aims to:
- Share the richness and the uniqueness of culture and arts in the region;
- Document the wealth of knowledge, experiences, and practices in the development, promotion and preservation of cultural heritage in the BIMP EAGA;
- Strengthen partnership among cultural workers in the region to create a cultural voice in fostering regional collaboration in the culture and the arts; and
- Engender a more inclusive design and implementation of policies, programs and other initiatives that will address the concerns for greater cultural cooperation in the BIMP EAGA.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 2017 Colloquium on EAGA Cultures and History invites researchers, scholars and practitioners, policy makers and all interested stakeholders to share their researches and insights on the culture and arts in the BIMP-EAGA. The Colloquium is organized along four key themes:
- Exchanges in the BIMP-EAGA before the formation of the Modern Nation-States
(September 21, 2017, 10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Safeguarding Cultural Diversity and Unity in the BIMP-EAGA
(September 22, 2017 10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Preserving and Promoting Cultures: Policies and Structures in the BIMP-EAGA
(September 23, 2017, 10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Cultural Exchanges and Policies in the BIMP-EAGA: Prospects and Challenges
(September 23, 2017; 10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT AND FULL PAPERS
- Paper presenters should submit papers that are relevant to the conference themes/sub-themes.
- All papers should be written and presented in English.
- Paper presenters should first submit a 200-word abstract before they can be invited to submit their full paper. Accompany the abstract with a biosketch (not more than 100 words).
- Paper presenters notified by the Organizing Committee to submit their full paper and PowerPoint presentations should do so on or before the given deadlines. The paper should be from 6,000 to 8,000 words long, inclusive of notes and references, and should be typed double-spaced on A4-sized paper using the Times New Roman font, sized 12 pt. If necessary, the paper should include figures, graphs and tables.
- Papers should be organized according to the following sequence: title of paper, name of author/s, abstract, main text, references and appendices (if needed).
- Papers should also include a cover page with the following information: title of paper, sub- theme, institution or agency, country and contact information, as well as logistical support needed (e.g. additional computer unit, laser pointer, etc.).
- References and citation should follow the APA style. Please visit http://www.apastyle.org for more information on the APA citation format.
- Each paper presenter is allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for presentation and five (5) minutes for answering questions from the audience.
|15 June 2017:||Deadline for submission of abstract & biosketch of author/s [1,000 words per author]|
|30 June 2017||Acceptance of abstract|
|15 August 2017:||Deadline for submission of full papers and PowerPoint|
|15 September 2017:||Deadline for Regular Registration|
|21-24 September 2017:||Conference Dates|
The 2017 Colloquium on EAGA Cultures and History will be held at the Audio Visual Room of the Graduate School of the Mindanao State University, General Santos City, Philippines. It is a strategically located at the heart of General Santos City.